- 2019-08-05, 15:00–17:30, Tent 16
- 2019-08-06, 15:00–17:30, Tent 16
- 2019-08-07, 15:00–17:30, Tent 16
- 2019-08-08, 15:00–17:30, Tent 16
The Future is not a closed predestined phenomenon, and we CAN shape it to be an "Open Future". What are the forces shaping the future? What is the role of education in the process of creating citizens, members of the society - simply humans?
We often see education happening in the walls of institutions and therefore leave the control over our future to those interested in perpetual growth of the society through the growth of GDP and the global index of happiness. Trying to uniform our existence in every its aspect.
What if education is not just schooling? Education is happening in families, in shops, on the streets and playgrounds. A school is just a single tool, following 1 objective - uniformity of society to be able to harvest the coefficient of growth.
In this course we will learn about a number of concepts:
1. Open and Closed Futures
2. Schooling System
3. What is learning and where to find it?
4. How can one shape Open Future
5. Why education is not about growth, but rather evolution?
6. What s our role in global education?
We will experiment with dialogues, brainstorms, exchange of knowledge, grassroots thinking.
Whoever has ever wondered about the power of non-traditional education and feels the need to understand it better is welcome.
We will not go for top-down teaching, but a rather common learning process.